The Organization Administrator can add themselves to the platform as a Rapid Screening Coordinator, and switch context between these roles to navigate throughout the platform.
Note: As an Organization Administrator, your profile already has all of the capabilities and permissions of a Rapid Screening Coordinator. However, if you would prefer to manage your organization through another profile, and switch between the two roles, please follow the steps below.
Adding the Rapid Screening Coordinator Role
1. Log in to the administrator's portal at https://app.thrive.health. Click on your name in the top right-hand corner and select Organization Settings.
2. Select Administrators from the menu bar and click Add Administrator
3. Add yourself as a new administrator and select the role Rapid Screening Coordinator
4. Ensure you use the same email address that you registered with as an Organization Administrator
5. Log out of your Thrive Health account
6. Go to your email, and find the email inviting you to join your organization as a Rapid Screening Coordinator. Click the blue Get Started button, or follow the link in the body of the invitation, to verify your account. When taken to the login page, be sure to select Already have an account? Log in.
Note: for more information on the available administrative roles and the permissions that come with them, please refer to this article: Administrator Roles & Permissions.
Switching Between Roles
After you have registered both roles with the Thrive Health platform, you can now switch context between them. To switch context, click on your name in the top right-hand corner and select Change Context. In this example, the Organization Administrator's name is RSS Administrator.
You will now have the option to switch between Organization Administrator or Rapid Screening coordinator:
Please note, for the best experience when switching between roles, do so from the organization dashboard. If you switch context when viewing content only accessible by an Organization Administrator you may encounter an error. The reason for this error is because certain content is restricted for certain roles.
In the event you receive a message that says Access Denied, all you need to do is select Dismiss and the platform will refresh to the appropriate content available to that particular administrator role.